Fuck Fake Friends
The people that enter and exit your life are either a blessing or a lesson and it is up to you to ignite your instincts and observe this in the people you engage with... Otherwise, you're in for a wild fucking ride of being used or abused.
Let me define what a "real friend" isn't:
• Someone who encourages you to do drugs, drink, gamble OR cheat.
• Someone who speaks poorly of you to others, regardless if it is a joke.
• Someone who makes you feel guilty for not hanging out with them.
• Someone who breaks promises, tells lies OR flakes on your plans.
• Someone who speaks only of themselves & indulge in their own importance.
• Someone who puts you down, mocks you & is passive-aggressive.
• Someone who gossips endlessly about other people.
• Someone who messages you only when they need something.
• Someone who is only there for the good times & not the bad.
Fuck, the list goes on...
Be honest with yourself, did that someone pop into your head as you were reading the above? Or could that someone be you?
You need to associate with people that inspire you, people that challenge you to rise higher, people that make you better. Don’t waste your valuable time with people that are not adding to your growth. Your destiny is too important.
Who you spend time with the most is who you will become. People's vibes, mindsets and beliefs will become your own, as we humans are like chameleons, so only surround yourself with the fucking best – You're worth it, right?
CUT, CUT, CUT – Once you've observed a red flag, retreat!
If there is anything you learn from reading this post, let it be that you do not owe anybody a fucking reason for cutting them off, regardless of how long your friendship has lasted – Let that (friend)ship sail.
I understand finding new friends is difficult and being alone is scary, but Jesus fucking Christ, sticking around your loser default friends from high school is just as empty as you think. Think about it; Did you choose your friends? Or did you only become friends by default because you were in the same class?
And finally, for the love of God, learn self-love:
When you are your own best friend, you won't need to endlessly seek out relationships, friendships and validation from the wrong sources because you realise that the only approval and validation you need is your own.
Master this and you will be invincible.